Octopus Legacy is the place to plan for death and find support after loss. When people think about planning for death they think about wills, life insurance and funerals. We take these cold processes and turn them into something more human. Share more than money: leave voice notes, music, recipes. Shape a legacy that connects you while you're here. And after you're gone.
Founded by Sam after his mum died suddenly, we’re a group of people who work in death because we’ve been affected by it. We know the difference a good plan makes, and what it’s like when there isn’t one.
Death can come between us, leave mess, legal fees, frustration. But it can also make us stronger. We see a world where people talk openly about death, and work out the real meaning of legacy, one that connects to them. We’re here to make that world happen.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Front End Developer to join our fast-paced and growing team! Reporting into the Lead Developer, you will work with the back-end development team to interact with server-side logic, ensure that UI/UX designs are technically feasible, and create and build user-facing features. In addition, you will have the opportunity to mentor junior developers, help lead technical projects, and contribute to the company's overall technical strategy.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to work in a fast-paced and changing environment, who likes to work autonomously, enjoys a challenge and wants to make an impact!
- Developing and maintaining high-quality, reusable, and efficient front-end code for our Saas product.
- Collaborating with design teams to translate UI/UX design wireframes into responsive and interactive web pages.
- Ensuring the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs and optimizing application performance for maximum speed and scalability.
- Working closely with back-end developers to integrate front-end components with server-side logic.
- Identifying and resolving performance and scalability issues and implementing solutions to ensure the best possible user experience.
- Leading and mentoring junior developers, providing technical guidance, code reviews, and best practices.
- Participating in the overall technical decision-making process, contributing to the development of architectural and technical strategies.
- Staying up-to-date with the latest technologies, trends, and best practices in front-end development and going above and beyond to suggest and implement improvements to the existing codebase.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Conducting thorough testing and troubleshooting of applications to ensure high-quality and bug-free deliverables.
Who Are You?
You want to work at a startup and you’ll thrive in a fast paced environment. You have a personal growth mentality, with a hunger to learn. Autonomy doesn't scare you, and being self-sufficient and happy to come up with solutions to problems on your own is attractive to you.
- You have a minimum of 5 years of professional experience in front-end development.
- You thrive working in fast paced, high-growth environments.
- Extensive experience with the Vue.js framework.
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3, and CSS preprocessors such as SASS or LESS.
- Strong knowledge of responsive design and development.
- Experience with RESTful APIs and asynchronous request handling.
- Familiarity with code versioning tools such as Git.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a strong understanding of software development best practices.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to articulate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Self-starter and proactive approach.
Flexible working: 3 days in the office (London, Holborn) you can work remotely up to 2 days a week. You are also able to work from anywhere in the world for up to 4 weeks per year.
- Life insurance, health insurance, will & lasting power of attorney.
- An extra holiday day for your birthday.
Octopus share incentive scheme 2024+: You can invest up to £150 a month from your gross salary (i.e. pre tax) into the Octopus Group, and for every share you buy Octopus will grant you an additional 1.5 shares at no charge.
Cycle to Work Scheme: to help lower your carbon footprint whilst being good for your health. We also have access to the Electric Vehicle (EV) Salary Sacrifice Scheme.
Octopus Giving: our charitable foundation is dedicated to helping those charities that are making the world a better place, we match any charitable fundraising that you do up to £500.
Octopus Springboard: where we help our employees become fully-fledged entrepreneurs.
If you're not 100% sure that you are right for the role, please apply anyway. What's the worst that could happen?
We know that to be truly innovative, we need to have a diverse team around us. That is why Octopus Legacy is committed to creating an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Start Date: Immediate
Commitment: Full time