Octopus Legacy is the place to plan for death and find support after loss. When people think about planning for death they think about wills, life insurance and funerals. We take these cold processes and turn them into something more human. Share more than money: leave voice notes, music, recipes. Shape a legacy that connects you while you're here. And after you're gone.
Founded by Sam after his mum died suddenly, we’re a group of people who work in death because we’ve been affected by it. We know the difference a good plan makes, and what it’s like when there isn’t one.
Death can come between us, leave mess, legal fees, frustration. But it can also make us stronger. We see a world where people talk openly about death, and work out the real meaning of legacy, one that connects to them. We’re here to make that world happen.
We are seeking a dedicated Will Writing Specialist who will be responsible for conducting home visits to assist clients in the process of drafting and creating wills. You will take the time to discuss your clients requirements in detail, explaining how the use of wills, trusts and lasting powers of attorney can work to protect them, their estate and their loved ones.
The ideal candidate will excel in providing personalised and comprehensive guidance to individuals and families, ensuring their wishes are accurately documented whilst showing compassion and care.
- Conduct in-depth consultations during home visits to understand clients' unique needs, assets, and preferences for estate planning.
- Guide clients through the legal aspects of will creation, addressing questions and concerns with clarity and expertise.
- Collaborate with legal teams and resources to stay informed about current estate planning laws and regulations.
- Maintain a meticulous record-keeping system to track client information, preferences, and any legal documentation.
- Support with online Wills and other services within the company when required.
- Provide exceptional customer service by offering ongoing support and addressing any post-visit inquiries or adjustments.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and best practices in estate planning to enhance service delivery.
Who Are You?
You want to work at a startup and you’ll thrive in a fast paced environment. You have a personal growth mentality, with a hunger to learn. Autonomy doesn't scare you, and being self-sufficient and happy to come up with solutions to problems on your own is attractive to you.
- Full UK driving license.
- Knowledge of how to write Wills and understanding the legalities.
- Knowledge of how LPAs work.
- In-depth understanding of Octopus Legacy’s services and ability to upsell.
- Proficient in identifying indicators of concerns related to clients' testamentary capacity.
- High levels of empathy, discretion and care.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Active listening skills and the ability to understand the customer’s needs.
- Proactive in initiating tasks independently and effectively following instructions.
- Flexible schedule to accommodate home visits based on clients' availability.
Flexible working: 3 days in the office (London, Holborn) you can work remotely up to 2 days a week. You are also able to work from anywhere in the world for up to 4 weeks per year.
- Life insurance, health insurance, will & lasting power of attorney.
- An extra holiday day for your birthday.
Octopus share incentive scheme 2024+: You can invest up to £150 a month from your gross salary (i.e. pre tax) into the Octopus Group, and for every share you buy Octopus will grant you an additional 1.5 shares at no charge.
Cycle to Work Scheme: to help lower your carbon footprint whilst being good for your health. We also have access to the Electric Vehicle (EV) Salary Sacrifice Scheme.
Octopus Giving: our charitable foundation is dedicated to helping those charities that are making the world a better place, we match any charitable fundraising that you do up to £500.
Octopus Springboard: where we help our employees become fully-fledged entrepreneurs.
If you're not 100% sure that you are right for the role, please apply anyway. What's the worst that could happen?
We know that to be truly innovative, we need to have a diverse team around us. That is why Octopus Legacy is committed to creating an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Start Date: Immediate
Commitment: Full time